Welcome to your new uKeg Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker! Now you can MAKE, STORE and POUR nitro cold brew coffee wherever life takes you. This info below will help you keep the uKeg Nitro in perfect working order and will give you helpful tips to be your own professional barista! Read below for info and details on using, cleaning and caring for your uKeg Nitro. Download our manual or watch our videos for more info. Still have a question? Feel free to contact us for additional customer service support.
The dial controls the pressure inside the uKeg Nitro.
• Turn on pressure right away after filling.
• After dispensing, use remaining gas to flush uKeg.
• For best performance, we recommended GrowlerWerks brand Nitro Gas.
DO NOT USE UKEG WITH LIQUIDS ABOVE 120 DEGREES F.
Do not open sleeve when cartidge contains pressure.
Do not turn off pressure when uKeg is full. Doing this does not save nitro gas.
Do not use abrasive materials or metal polish on coatings.
Do not put in dishwasher. HAND WASH ONLY.
1. Fill 2 bags with 60g (~3/4 cup) with course ground coffee each.
2. Tie knot with bag strings.
1. Place both bags in uKeg (knot facing upward).
2. Fill with water to “Brew” Line (~1.25 liters).
5. Place in refrigerator for 12-24 hours
6. Pull out bags.
7. Add additional water to “Fill” line (~.75 liters).
8. Charge cap with a fresh nitro gas cartridge.
9. Tighten cap on uKeg Nitro.
10. Turn dial to “Infuse”.
11. Shake for 1 minute to infuse nitro gas in the cold brew.
12. Turn dial to “Pour”.
13. Serve and ENJOY!
• Use more coffee. Each bag can hold up to 1 cup.
• Brew longer (up to 24 hours).
• In step #3, fill with water above the “Fill” line. This leaves less dilution water to add later.
• Make sure your brew is as cold as possible before infusion (use some ice in step #5 when diluting).
• Shake longer.
• Leave the pressure setting on “Infuse” overnight.
1. Turn off gas
2. Remove cap and rinse with warm water. (less than 120 degrees F)
3. Rinse uKeg with warm water.
4. Repeat 2-3 times until clean.
5. Install cap.
6. Use remaining nitro gas to flow water through tap.
7. Close tap.
8. Discharge remaining nitro gas by turning dial and venting.
9. Remove and recycle gas cartridge.
10. Allow to dry by pouring out remaining water.
11. Store with cap off and tap open in dry place.
12. Fill with warm water under 120 degress F and 1 cleaning tablet.
13. Cap and shake well.
14. Baking soda is a suitable substitute.
15. Install cap, charge briefly with left-over nitro gas, flow water through tap and close tap.
16. Let sit 10 minutes.
17. Open tap until pressure runs out.
18. Remove the nozzle for cleaning and drying.
19. Rinse (make sure parts inside nozel remain intact).
The surface and color of your uKeg is a durable coating that is bonded to the stainless steel bottle in a thin layer. Your coated uKeg should not corrode. For best results when cleaning, please follow instructions below:
1. Squeeze tabs and pull retainer out.
2. Inspect cartridge seal for cracks or defects. Replace if needed. Note orientation when removing.
3. Insert new seal in orientation shown.
4. Reinstall retainer and seal.
5. Push retainer down until both tabs click outward.
Make sure retaining tabs are fully pushed out and seated properly.
Cap O-ring should be tight and smooth.
Make sure O-ring is installed as shown and free of damage.
Pressure off is counterclockwise.
Replace nitro gas cartridge after every use. Any remaining gas can be used to flush your uKeg with clean water.